Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 6

Today was the first day of classes. It wasn't bad at all! Except for the part where my alarm didn't go off and I was late for class. I got lucky, the teacher was super nice about it. I found a better way to do my alarm, so it won't (or shouldn't) happen again!

I've got 12 Japanese language classes a week. Monday and Thursday there are 3 classes, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday there are 2. In Japan, college/uni classes are on a period schedule. Each period is about 1 hour and 30 minutes long. That makes it good for planning events, because you know when people get out.

At lunch, we went to the cafeteria, which reminds me of elementary schools, but there's a lot more food. You get what you want then pay at the register. I had tonkatsu curry and a melon pan, for about ¥400. It was a lot more food than I would have gotten in the states for the same price. I ended up eating a lot, though. From now on I'll get a small portion.

After class I went walking with some friends. We ended up going to a road up above the school where people get dropped off. Saw some wild/stray cats. They looked like they were going to fight, but just ended up talking.

Tomorrow we're going to town after class, hopefully to go to another ramen shop or something, exchange money, go to some of the book shops (Book-off and Tsutaya), and get some things to cook with.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment